Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Art Lesson

Art Lesson

 Our art lesson this week was Primary and Secondary colors. We used homemade clay to practice mixing the primary colors  to get the secondary colors. (the 2nd recipe which I have under clay recipes)


 blue 
 red
 yellow 
Sofia (2 yrs)
 Paola (4 yrs) 
 They were mixing yellow and blue to make green. 

We mixed yellow and red to make orange. 







Mixed red and blue to get purple. 


Homemade Modeling Clay Recipe 


  • 1 cup salt
  • 2 cups flour
  • 4 tablespoons cream of tartar
  • 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 cups water
  • food coloring (optional)
cook in microwave  or stove top. I think white flour works best. I used whole wheat because thats what I had at hand which is why my colors were a bit off.

4 comments:

  1. Your kids really look the same. How do you make a homemade clay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Homemade Modeling Clay Recipe

    1 cup salt
    2 cups flour
    4 tablespoons cream of tartar
    4 tablespoons vegetable oil
    2 cups water
    food coloring (optional)

    I used the Microwave to cook for like a minute or till it looks dry on the outside gooey in the inside let it cool and mix well. Stove top works well too. Just make sure to stir so it won't ruin your pots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So my first comment didn't go through.

    Thanks for this recipe for the homemade clay, I am saving this. And my, I love this new design of your blog, it's so neat and cute. May I also apologize that I accidentally deleted your comment in my blog instead of publishing it. I was on mobile and there was some glitch when I touched the button on the screen. Anyway, i can feel you and we are so much alike. Looking forward tor reading more of your homeschooling posts. =)

    ReplyDelete

 

homeschooling and more Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template