Sunday, June 9, 2013

Seed Project

Seed Project

   In My home We try to eat organic. When my 4yr old ask how can she know when its organic and healthy to eat? One of the thing I said was " If you can grow it." and "if no poisons where use to grow them" which is how I explain pesticide to her. Then it is good to eat. Then she ask. How do I know that they didn't use poison. To which i answer " the best why is to grow your own food." Since Then she has began to ask me just about every time she eats if what she is eating grew from the grown and if we can plant it. Which is why I figure is was time for this project.

We used apple seeds because My 4 yr old wants an apple tree. Since they sprout it we decided to take the next step.
I didn't want to get a huge bag of dirt just yet so; Instead, we used soil from a plant we already have.
Since the project is so simple I figure we elaborate by adding a reading list to it.

Books


  1. The tiny seed By: Eric Carle
  2. Oh Say Can You Seed By: Bonnie Worth
  3. A seed in Need By: Sam Godwin
  4. The Giving Tree By Shel Silverstein
The last one seem appropriate since it is about an apple tree. Just happens to be one of my favorites.


2 comments:

  1. What a great idea. Thank you for the project idea. Found you on BloggyMoms and now we're following you on Twitter and GFC. Looking forward to reading more. You can visit us at http://www.growingupmadison.com

    ReplyDelete

 

homeschooling and more Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template